- National Technical Research organization (NRTO), which was formed in 2004, provides technical intelligence to internal and external security.
- Computer Emergency Response Team(CERT)-India notifies concerned regarding cyber attacks, analyses the vulnerability.
- National Cyber Security Policy, 2013 aims at protecting the public and private infrastructure from cyber attacks.
- India is working with US on cyber security.
- India has approx 10,000 cyber soldiers, whereas our neighboring country China prepared 10 lakh cyber security experts.
- In October 2016, Indian banks suffered data security breaches. It was one of the biggest cyber attacks on India. India couldn’t stop it from happening.
- Still some Indians are responding to fake calls about credit cards and bank account details. This shows us that there is lack of cyber security awareness among people.
- We are importing lots of electronic devices from China, which are susceptible to malware and viruses.
- There is little control over the hardware used by Indian Internet users.
- India still has no proper system to to assess the nature of cyber threats and respond to them effectively.
What needs to be done :-
- There must be a rule that banks and other financial institutions should be equipped with cyber security experts.
- Awareness about cyber security should be given to all.
- In 2015, USA couldn’t stop the theft of 2 crore 57 lakh account details from government records.
- Cyber attacks are from mainly Russia, China, Romania, Brazil, Eastern Europe, Vietnam & Nigeria.
Though India is taking steps towards strengthening cyber security, India needs to invest more in cyber security on a war-footing. As we are working on digital India, we should work more on cyber safety. Government, private institutions along with educational institutions must work together to strengthen cyber security of our country.
Afterwords :- What is your opinion on this topic? Express your views in the comment section below.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.